Genealogy Search Tips and Notes
The following points summarize the aspects of the current genealogy search engine criteria. The genealogy search engine is currently being redesigned and will have more flexibility in the future.
- A last name is required. If no lastname is entered, no records will be returned from the search.
- All names appear in the database as the name exists within the original record. You might find William abbreviated as Wm.
- When an event year is entered it will automatically look for records which are plus or minus five years from that year.
- Use the two digit state code when entering the state information.
- For names with an apostrophy in it such as O'Brien, leave off the apostrophy.